BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hello Summer

School is over for the year which is bitter sweet.  I am happy to have a little bit of free time, but after being so busy for so long I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with myself.  I haven't had this much free time since before I started college!  I'm going to miss my students so much.  Of course, I can't even walk my dog without seeing a few of them, so perhaps I won't miss them as much as I think I will :)

The interview that I had went well.  I haven't heard anything back yet, so we will see what happens.  I am just trying to stay positive and have continued to prepare just in case I get a second interview.  My fingers are crossed because this would be my ideal job.  I feel like I was well-prepared for the interview and I used my portfolio quite a bit to show them examples of what I have done in the past.  They asked me all questions that I was expecting such as:

  • Tell us a little about yourself.
  • How would you incorporate technology into your lessons?
  • How would you teach the writing process?
  • How would you prepare students for the NJASK?
  • Do you have any questions for us?
That's all I can remember right now.  It was a very short interview and was actually somewhat of a blur so those might have even been all of the questions.  

I am continuing to search for jobs every day and have applied for several more so now all I have to do is wait.  I don't really know what is going to happen if September rolls around and I still don't have a full time position, because after August we can say goodbye to our health benefits through school, which is a pretty big bummer.  I suppose it will all work out, but it's not always easy to convince myself of this.

0 comments: